My new task at work is to update the website's section on adolescents and maternal mortality. It is a pretty big downer. Child marriage = uncool.
In other news, I finally went to the liquor store around the corner from me, and purchased a solitary beer. Kingfisher: The Emperor of Good Times. I asked for a bag and found it strangely funny when the two guys who were ringing me up said in unison, "No bag."
I also joined a gym by my house. The first day, my coworker and I kept asking and asking where the women's changing room was, inexplicably not getting an answer. The changing room was indeed the storage closet--fair enough. Like in Morocco, the older women here seem content to exercise in their traditional garb, albeit in the more pajama-like ensembles (as opposed to the saris). At least the young women seem okay with spandex and T-shirts, so I didn't feel like a sore thumb per se.
Stay tuned for next appointment with crazy ENT guy at the end of the week! I have not, as instructed, been inhaling steam twice a day, and I'm apprehensive of his reaction. But at least I haven't been taking irrational medicines.
I eagerly await tales of the crazy ENT guy.
ReplyDelete