

One of my favorites, called chole bathure--a scoop of very flavorful chickpeas with two pieces of fried dough. 15 Rupees!
Tea tasting with awesome guy


At the tea tasting, I learned that Indians didn't really drink tea until the British arrived. Before that, the traditional thing to offer people when they came into one's home was fruit juice or medicinal herbal concoctions. And tea isn't actually grown that much here. There's one small region in the south, and then a larger area way up in India's northeastern branch.I asked the man if something I'd heard was true--if you put milk into darker teas, does it really negate all of the health benefits tea is supposed to have? He said that he felt tea with milk isn't bad and has its place, but that there seemed to be evidence that milk counteracts some of tea's antioxidants, and coats the stomach, making absorption more difficult during digestion.
Aloo tikki--like sweet and sour potato skins
Yum!
ReplyDeleteWhat are you wearing and where did you get it? It looks so pretty. As does your food.
ReplyDeleteMumski, that is the shirt I purchased under coercion from some government artisan place called "Art India," which turns out to be near my workplace.
ReplyDeleteI need that pomegranate! I will consult with a food scientist (aka my dad) regarding the impact of milk consumption on the health benefits of tea.
ReplyDelete